Hoa Tien Craft Village Tour – Natural Dye & Weaving Workshop – 3 DAYS 2 NIGHTS
Located in the west of Nghe An, a big province that connects the north and central parts of Vietnam, Quy Chau is inhabited by Thai ethnic people whose tradition is based in rice cultivation and the crafts of textiles and woodwork. Brocade weaving of Thai’s people in Hoa Tien Traditional Village, Quy Chau district has existed for such a long time. The brocade products were originally made for the family needs and to be used as dowry when a girl comes to her husband’s house. Each brocade starts with cotton, silkworms, spinning, natural dyeing, weaving and embroidery. It is a wholehearted and creative workflow process.
Textile Linker cooperates with Hoa Tien Brocade to organize Hoa Tien craft village tour with the following unique experiences:
- Meeting with high-skilled Thai artisans of Hoa Tien Brocade Cooperative.
- Visit cotton gardens, mulberry gardens, gardens of plants and trees with natural dyed materials.
- Discover the process of making cotton and silk.
- Discover techniques such as ikat, weaving and embroidery.
- Discover the pattern story of Thai ethnic textile.
- Learn how to tie and dye naturally (indigo/ yam root/ laccifer lacca…) on a 40x40cm silk scarf.
- Visit the peaceful scenery of the Thai people.
- Visit Hang Bua cave, Muong Chieng Ngam temple – learn the history of this place.
- Stream bathing & rafting in Nam Hat river.
- Thread tying ritual – a traditional custom of the Thai.
- Sleep on stilts homestay of Thai ethnic group.
- Enjoy local cuisine.
- Drink traditional wine and enjoy cultural exchange, singing, dancing, etc.
- Starting point: Hoa Tien Brocade Studio, no 6, lane Me Tri Thuong, Nam Tu Liem, Hanoi.
- Destination: Hoa Tien Village, Quy Chau district, Nghe An province.
- Duration: 3 days and 2 nights.
- Language: English/ French and Vietnamese.
- Price: 3,500,000 VND / person (150 $) for a group of 5. Price includes a 7-seater private car from Hanoi – Nghe An, English/French speaking tour guide, workshop fee including artisan fee and materials, 40cmx40cm silk scarf, rafting fee, thread tying ritual, experience with traditional singing and dancing exchange, 5 principal meals and 2 breakfasts, 2 nights on on stilts homestay, travel insurance.
- Group tours will be organized every month on Friday, Saturday, Sunday of the third week if there are a minimum of 5 people registered in the tour. Solo travelers are welcome to join group tours.
- Private and customized tours can be arranged on your own preferred schedule.
Please contact us for more information.